Do you have problems with loose dentures or missing teeth? Do you hesitate to smile or stop yourself from doing so because of how your teeth look? You might find the answer you’ve been seeking in dental implants near you. You can achieve a new smile and experience increased self-confidence thanks to dental implants.
A common and efficient method to replace missing teeth is dental implants. With the right maintenance, they can last several years and have the same appearance, feel, and functionality as real teeth. Dental implants, as opposed to dentures or bridges, are firmly secured in your jawbone, preventing bone loss and maintaining the integrity of your facial structure.
Benefits of Dental Implants Near You
They provide various benefits compared to alternative tooth replacement solutions like dentures or bridges. Here are some of the key benefits of dental implants:
- Better Appearance: Implants are purposefully designed to have the same appearance, feel, and functionality as natural teeth. They can make you smile again and give you greater self-assurance regarding your appearance.
- Improved Comfort: Dental implants are permanently attached to your jawbone, unlike dentures or bridges so that they won’t slip or move around in your mouth. Eating, speaking, and other daily tasks may become more natural and at ease.
- Improved Oral Health: When teeth are missing, bone loss can happen. Dental implants can help maintain the integrity of your jawbone and stop bone loss. They also help protect the condition of your natural teeth since, unlike traditional bridges, they do not call for the grinding down nearby teeth.
- Long-Lasting: Dental implants can last a lifetime with the right maintenance and care, making them a long-term, cost-effective alternative.
- Better Speech: Your ability to talk clearly can be hampered by missing teeth or poorly fitted dentures. Your communication will improve, and your normal speech patterns will be restored with dental implants.
The stages involved in dental implant surgery are outlined in greater detail below:
1. Initial Consultation:
During the first appointment, our dentist near you will assess your oral health to see whether or not you’re a good candidate for dental implants. In addition to discussing potential alternatives to the operation, they will also review its advantages and hazards.
Our dentist will prepare your mouth for the surgery if you are a good candidate for dental implants. If additional tooth extraction or bone grafting is required because there is insufficient bone density to sustain the implant, this may entail both procedures.
3. Implant Placement:
Dental implants are surgically implanted into the jawbone once prepping your mouth. Typically, titanium is used for the implant since it is biocompatible and will eventually fuse with your bone tissue.
4. Healing Period:
The healing time starts once the implant has been inserted. Osseointegration, which might take several months to finish, occurs during this period as the implant merges with your jawbone. Sometimes, a temporary crown or bridge may be affixed to the implant to safeguard it while it heals.
5. Abutment Installation:
An abutment is attached to the implant once it completely fuses with your jawbone. Between the implant and the final restoration, this acts as a connection.
6. Complete restoration:
An individually created crown, bridge, or denture is affixed to the abutment to finish the restoration. The restoration can be manufactured from various materials, including porcelain or ceramic, and is intended to appear, feel, and function like real teeth.
If you have questions or concerns about anything before, during, or after your appointments, please do not hesitate to let your dental team know! Your comfort and overall well-being are equally important to restoring your oral health.
Finding Dental Implants in North Naples
With your brand-new dental implants, you can confidently smile and enjoy all the benefits of a healthy, beautiful smile. Dental implants are a safe, effective, and long-lasting solution whether you need a single tooth replaced or a full set of teeth restored. Contact our dentist in North Naples today to learn more about dental implant benefits and schedule a consultation.