Dental Cleaning and Oral Hygiene at Torrens Dental Care
Dr. Torrens- Naples Florida Dentist
Dental hygienists at the Torrens Dental Care perform thorough dental cleanings, as well as teach you how to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Comfortable surroundings, a professional Naples dentist, exceptional care and a knowledgeable staff are just a few reasons why patients choose us. Your dental cleaning appointment will include:
- Tartar Removal -Calculus, or tartar, is hardened plaque that has firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and must be removed by a dental hygienist or our dentist in Naples.
- Plaque Removal -Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on your teeth. It's a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris and saliva. If not periodically removed, the bacteria will produce toxins that infect and inflame the gums - the warning signs of periodontal disease.
- Teeth Polishing -Polishing your teeth removes stains and plaque that are not eliminated during tooth brushing.
- Home Care Instructions -You'll leave each dental visit at Torrens Dental Care with clear, easy-to-follow instructions to enhance the care of your teeth and smile. And if that's not enough, you receive a complimentary tooth brush!
- Periodontal Probing -Probing your teeth is a procedure that utilizes a periodontal probe to measure any loss of bone none adjacent to your teeth. Certain depths and associated bleeding could be signs of periodontal (gum) disease. These deeper pockets would require a different type of dental cleaning and a different type maintenance schedule to prevent the advancement of periodontal disease. If the condition worsens patients may require gum surgery to correct defects caused by the disease process.
Looking for a dentist in Naples? Torrens Dental Care provides its Naples patients with all of their dentistry needs.